Submit your abstracts by 15 January, 2020
ABC-Salt partner Ghent University is organising the 23rd International Symposium on Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis (PYRO 2020), in Ghent, Belgium, in May 10-15, 2020. The conference Scientific Committee is calling for abstracts submissions now.
Representatives from academia, research institutes and industry will be discussing the latest developments on pyrolysis techniques and applications. Seven international keynote speakers are confirmed for PYRO 2020 as well as fourteen members in the scientific committee for the peer review of submitted abstracts.
The scientific committee welcomes submissions on the following topics:
- Progress in analysis and analytical instrumentatio
- Analytical pyrolysis / environment, cultural heritage, food, medical
- Analytical pyrolysis of coal, biomass, waste, polymers and plastics
- Analytical and applied catalytic (hydro) pyrolysis
- Reaction mechanisms and kinetics / modelling and experimentation
- Applied pyrolysis of coal, biomass and waste: bench scale testing
- Applied pyrolysis of coal, biomass and waste: PDU and large scale operation
- Applied pyrolysis for recycling of polymers and plastics
- Hydrothermal and solvent liquefaction; hydrothermal carbonization
- Product stabilization, separation, purification and (catalytic) upgrading
- Product characterization and utilization
- Techno-economic and environmental assessment
The organizing committee has extensive expertise on pyrolysis research, involving members from Ghent University (Department of Green Chemistry and Technology, and the Laboratory for Chemical Technology), Hasselt University (Applied and Analytical Chemistry) and Antwerp University (Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development).
This event will be hosted in ‘Het Pand’, an astonishing 13th century ancient monastery in the historical city centre of Ghent.
All members of the pyrolysis research community are cordially invited to PYRO 2020 to exchange scientific knowledge and ideas and to establish new research opportunities.